Often the first medical professional you will meet is one of our Staff Physician Assistants, Diana Clemente and Elayna Bray. A Physician Assistant (PA) is a healthcare professional licensed to practice medicine in conjunction with physicians and surgeons. PAs go through a rigorous course of education, training, and clinical internship to prepare them to provide a broad range of health care services, including physical exams, diagnoses, ordering, and interpreting tests, and giving medical orders.
Both Diana and Elayna are consummate professionals. But they have other qualities, as well, that make them a perfect fit for my practice:
- Excellent Communications Skills
From my point of view, human qualities are just as important in treatment as professional credentials. They can make a real difference in our patients’ quality of care, quality of life, and medical outcomes.
My PA team and I work very closely together to maintain the highest standards of excellence and determine the best course of treatment for all our patients. Both Diana and Elayna embody my commitment to provide the highest quality individual, personalized care for each and every patient we serve. ~ Dr. Sean McCance
Diana Clemente // Staff Physician Assistant // Registered PA
Diana is the consummate professional. She has a background in physical therapy and 10 years of PA experience. She joined the practice in 2007 and has contributed enormously to its success. When Diana isn’t assisting patients she enjoys running, playing sports, and doing yoga.
- NY State Physician Assistant License
- NY State Physical Therapy License
- American Heart Association BCLS and ACLS
Hofstra University (NY): Physician Assistant Program
Touro College (NY): Barry Z. Levine School of Health Sciences
Master of Arts in Physical Therapy and Bachelor of Science
Honors: Dean’s List
University of Massachusetts (MA)
Bachelor of Science
Honors: Dean’s List
North East All-American Women’s Lacrosse
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with cervical/thoracic/lumbar pathology.
- Interpretation of spine X-rays, MRIs, and CT Scans under physician supervision.
- Suture removal for surgical patients.
- Responsible for pre-op and post-op patient education.
- Provide results to patients and discuss diagnosis/prognosis/treatment plan.
- Review medical clearance for all patients having surgery.
- Responsible for disability forms, physical therapy prescriptions, calling in medications, and ordering studies.
- Additionally, her duties include rounding/performing consults at hospitals and assisting in the Operating Room.
Our best in class, Upper East Side, NYC spine & neck diagnosis & surgery practice is honored to provide you with highly personalized and comprehensive care. Our philosophy of direct management of your case by an expert spine surgeon has made us one of the most trusted and respected spine surgery practices on the Upper East Side in NYC and the world. Feel free to contact the spine & neck pain diagnosis and surgery specialist today and start yourself on the road to recovery.
Dr. Sean McCance
1155 Park Avenue, Suite E
New York, NY 10128