Dr. Sean McCance is one of a select group of board-certified orthopedic spine surgeons in New York to be fully certified in ExcelsiusGPS® robotic spine surgery. This new minimally invasive technology is the most advanced technology in the field of robotic surgery.
- ExcelsiusGPS is the world’s first technology to combine a robotic arm and full navigation capabilities into one adaptable platform for accurate trajectory alignment in spine surgery, therefore combining the benefits of GPS navigation and robotics into one platform.
- ExcelsiusGPS is the most advanced technology in the field of robotic surgery.
Spinal surgeries require a high degree of absolute accuracy and precision, particularly when placing surgical hardware used to hold vertebrae (s). ExcelsiusGPS generates real-time information before and during procedures. This information allows the spine surgeons to use robotic navigation to precisely place screws and rods anywhere in the spine, cervical, and lumbar regions.
The robotic medical device is approved for pedicle screw placement in the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. The following procedures are treatment options that may include pedicle screw placement.
- Posterior Fusion
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
Potential Benefits of Robotic Surgery Include:
- Shorter hospital stays
- Less tissue damages
- Smaller incisions (smaller scars)
- Little or no radiation exposure (benefitting both the patient and the staff)
- Reduced post-operative pain
- Reduced risk of infection
- Reduced risk of complications from surgery
- Quicker recovery times
What is robotic spine surgery?
Robotic spine surgery describes the use of robotic technology to assist the surgeon during spinal surgery. The robotic arm helps with trajectory planning and execution of implant placement with exquisite detail.
Prior to robotic advancements, spine surgeons performed surgery with several types of imaging equipment and radiation exposure. The ExcelsiusGPS eliminates the need for that equipment and instead gives surgeons an all-in-one imaging capability with no radiation exposure.
ExcelsiusGPS is a multifunctional robotic navigation platform that provides unique real-time information to the spine surgeon, which enhances safety and improves efficiency for patients, staff, and surgeons in the operating room.
Our best in class, Upper East Side, NYC back & neck pain diagnosis & surgery practice, Spine Associates, is honored to provide you with highly personalized and comprehensive care. Our philosophy of direct management of your case by an expert spine surgeon has made us one of the most trusted and respected spine surgery practices on the Upper East Side in NYC and the world. Feel free to contact the minimally invasive spinal surgery specialist today to discuss your unique spinal condition and start yourself on the road to recovery.
Dr. Sean McCance
1155 Park Avenue, Suite E
New York, NY 10128